Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Remembering


DaddyO!!!!!
I thought you might like this picture...you always had a thing for fire trucks!!!



It is hard to believe that you have been gone for a whole year. I still find myself just about to call you sometimes to tell you something about my day or something the kids did. I even dialed your cell number once...that was hard. Even though it was hard, there were some good days too. I have been able to start school, and visit with our family. Going to Tenn this year was bittersweet...I had to say goodbye to you all over again but I also was able to see your house, and I was able to feel your presence. I was nervous at first because I didnt know if it wouldnt feel like it did before, but it does...the house reminds me of all the love you had for everyone. I remember the night we had "Haystacks" for dinner and Jesse had no clue what it was, but the smell of the food cooking told him it was going to be good. It remind me of many nights when I was young and I was visiting you for the summer, we had parties with family and friends...we had either black olive pizza or haystacks...and of course green chocolate chip mint ice cream...

I am so happy to have all of this happy, wonderful memories. I still dont understand why you had to go home so soon, but I do know that one day we will be together again.


There is this song by Steven Curtis Chapman that was played during the service for the slide show....I thought I would post the lyrics. I cant hear this song without thinking of you daddy. I love you and miss you soo much!!! Love you forever and forever, your Kiddo





WITH HOPE by Steven Curtis Chapman:


This is not at all how We thought it was supposed to be We had so many plans for you We had so many dreams And now you've gone away And left us with the memories of your smile And nothing we can say And nothing we can do Can take away the pain The pain of losing you, but ...We can cry with hope We can say goodbye with hope'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh noAnd we can grieve with hope'Cause we believe with hope (There's a place by God's grace)There's a place where we'll see your face againWe'll see your face againAnd never have I knownAnything so hard to understandAnd never have I questioned moreThe wisdom of God's planBut through the cloud of tearsI see the Father's smile and say well doneAnd I imagine youWhere you wanted most to beSeeing all your dreams come true'Cause now you're homeAnd now you're free, and ...We have this hope as an anchor'Cause we believe that everythingGod promised us is true, so ...So we can cry with hopeAnd say goodbye with hopeWe wait with hopeAnd we ache with hopeWe hold on with hopeWe let go with hope.






No comments: