Monday, May 21, 2007

I visited with my dad over the weekend




We had a family meeting this weekend to dicuss what would be the best for my dad. He is doing okay, having good days and having bad days. He looked very well this weekend. However, he is now totally dependant on someone to care for him for even the most basic needs. He has fallen several times already. The goal for this weekend was to determined whether a skilled nursing facilty or home health would be helpful.

The family has decided that home health care would be the best for Dad at this point. However, this is very expensive and insurance doesnt cover the 24hr care he needs. So, I will be returning very soon to care for him. I need to work some things out with my current employer as well as tie up some other loose ends before I can pack up the children and myself. I am a Certified Nursing Assistant in FL, so I now just what and how to care for my dad. I will not be able to do this 24/7 and take care of my children so Margarita will also be needing to hire other aides to help out.

Dad is also starting Radiation this morning. He started the chemo this weekend and so far has been doing okay.

Please keep praying for him and Margarita. That seems to be the best thing anyone can do.

Kedra

No comments: